Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

Oh my. How in the world can it be 2009? I remember being in grade school in the '80s and we had to draw a picture of what we thought the world would be like in the year 2020. Of course we all drew flying cars. Space ships. Houses on the moon. Aliens. Huge no gravity playgrounds. Jet packs. Skateboards with rocket boosters. Yep, we had the future all figured out.

Well, we do have the Segway, but that is more of a cool scooter than a space ship. I doubt that in 11 years our world will become a space station that rivals the sets of Star Wars. Funny how when you are kid that 40 years seems like eons away, and as you age, 40 years seems like the blink of an eye.

I am excited for 2009. I guess first and foremost - we will add a daughter to our family! And we get to travel to Korea. I cannot wait to experience it!

No comments: