Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Waiting Is the Hardest Part...

I really cannot believe we have been waiting 1 year for our referral (as of yesterday)! And that is only "paper ready" or officially waiting. We sent in out initial application in September of 2007! The wait times for healthy girls were at about 10-11 months when we applied. And they remained about that until a few months ago when the wait times seemed to jump to 12-13 months. It figures....

But, I know my precious little girl is out there somewhere. A world apart and being loved and cared for by her foster family. I just cannot wait to see her face. The waiting is hard, but definitely doable. There are good days and there are bad days. This week has been really tough for me. I really thought that I would have a referral by now, and by Mother's Day, and by my birthday on the 21st. But it doesn't look like we will hear anything in May at all.

Hurry up! Ring phone, ring!

No comments: