Friday, October 31, 2008

Phillies Championship Parade!

Congrats the the Philadelphia Phillies!!! We called the boys out of school and headed to the train for center city! Brian, my Mom, a few friends, and I made the first wave. We left at about 9 am and things were getting crowed but really not too bad.

When Brian Sr. and Sean came a little over an hour later, things had gotten out of control. Streets were closed off to even walkers and public transportation was just shy of a standstill. I am so glad I decided to leave with the early shift! Sean freaked out a bit from the crowds and had to be carried - I am so glad his Dad was there because I wouldn't have been able to carry him very far.

I was a little disappointed by the parade though - I thought there would be more than some police cars and a few trucks with players, coaches, and family on them. A few bands would have been nice! It was a great experience and I hope the boys are one day proud to say they were there!

Brian and friends on the train
Brian waiting for the parade to beginSean finally joins us just in timethe view down Broad Streetcrazy fans hanging out of windowsone of the trucksmore Philliesmore trucksRyan Howardthe trophythe Phanticanother view down Broad StreetBrian and his friend N after the parade

No comments: