Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Baking and Shaking!

Today I was able to go into Brian's school and help out in his classroom. They were making treats for their Thanksgiving day feast tomorrow! They made corn muffins, pumpkin cranberry muffins, butter, and applesauce. I was on the butter station. The kids added heavy cream to glass jars, and just shook them. I cannot believe I never did that as a kid.The cream became thicker and thicker and got harder and harder to shake. Then, all of a sudden, it turned into a hard lump of butter!

Truly amazing. The kids were so excited. Of course there were a few goofy kids who shook too hard and smacked themselves in the head. But all in all, they were pretty well behaved. Oh, there was this one girl in a purple shirt. When it was her turn to shake, she shook so hard that her face turned the color of her shirt. I don' have to tell you that she was the hit of the afternoon in second grade!

No comments: