Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Justin is 19 months!

Oh my! I thought it was bad when he hit 18 months, 19 is so much worse! I cannot believe how big my baby is! Justin is finally starting to talk more. He does repeat a lot of words now, but uses them sparsely. Some new words are marshmallow, lollipop, hot, football, monkey, apple, banana, milk, juice, pillow, dog, Elmo, cookie, and spoon. I think there may be a few more, but I cannot think of them right now.

Justin is so happy and loves to play rough. One of his favorite things to do is wrestling with his brothers! He jumps off couches and down steps. He is so close to jumping with two feet at the same time - he will get it soon, he tries so hard! He is really becoming obsessed with Sesame Street. He wants anything in the stores that even looks like a Muppet! His favorites are Cookie Monster and Grover! It is hard though because Elmo stuff seems to be everywhere. I guess he has gained popularity with Elmo's World, but my kid wants the blue guys!

I finally turned his car seat around because he refused to sit backwards. I was having the hardest time getting him buckled and then he rode in a friend's car forward facing and was fine. So, I turned around his car seat - and problem solved. I was trying to make it to two years, but things don't always work out as you plan. And I was tired of fighting with him every time I put him in the car!

Justin still hates, and I mean hates the bath - and shower. He used to like it as a baby and then one day started screaming hysterically! It has been months and months now. I have no idea what to do with him. Luckily, it is winter time and he only needs a bath a few times a week. I really hope he gets over this before pool season!

No comments: