Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Springdale Farm Trip!

Sean had his class trip to pick pumpkins today! He was really disappointed by the size of the pumpkins, I think he pictured himself getting a pumpkin so big that he could barely carry it! He did search for the biggest pumpkin for a long time! Sean was one of the last kids to decide on the perfect one!

We took a hay ride around the farm and learned a lot about fruits and veggies. I don't know how much the kids listened to all of it, but I learned a lot! I never knew there were so many varieties of corn or egg plant! I had never seen broccoli growing or knew that it will grow long after the first frost! All the kids had a great time - and apple cider donuts were enjoyed by all after the hay ride!

pumpkin flower
starting to grow
getting bigger
Sean still searching for a bigger one on the hayride!


No comments: