Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 20 Months Justin!

Wow. Twenty months. That is close to twenty-four months. Which is actually two years old. How can my baby be so close to two!!! Justin is still such a happy kid, although he is working on perfecting the temper tantrum. He is so independent. I love his squeaky laugh. His favorite word, by far, is no. He loves to make car and plane sounds. He loves to say Wheee! He can jump with two feet of the ground at the same time. He can do a really great forward roll. His speech is improving, but not quite where I would like it to be. He does understand everything though. And even reacts to conversations that I had no idea he was listening to. He also likes to play with his hair while he is drinking his bottle. It is so cute!

Yes, he is still on a bottle. And no, I am not telling the pediatrician! My mom made a good point about the whole no bottle after age one debate. When I was a kid, there was no such thing as a sippy cup. Kids drank from bottles for much longer - juice, water, milk, iced tea. There was no choice unless you wanted liquids spilled all day long. So, Justin gets his milk from a bottle because it is the only vessel he will accept it from. He can drink from a sippy cup, a straw and even from a cup with no lid. All the skills are there. And he sits with me - and cuddles for a few rare moments in his busy life - and drinks the bottle and that is it. He doesn't beg for them all day long. Or walk around playing with it hanging out of his mouth. I really don't see the difference between him sitting with me and drinking from a bottle or a cup.

But that is just my two cents.

No comments: