Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I can see clearly now...

I went to the eye doctor today. Um, it has only been about 7 or 8 years since I was last there. I was told that when you are pregnant and right after you are pregnant that your vision can temporarily change because of all of the hormones in your system. And for the last 9+ years, I have been trying to get pregnant, pregnant, or nursing a baby.


I have noticed in the last few months that things are just not as clear and crisp as they once were. So, off to the doctor I went. Everything went well. And the funny part is that my prescription actually changed for the better! I have a very low prescription, and only really need my contacts for distance - I think my prescription is now -1.50, down from 2.00. I really thought my vision was getting worse, not better! Great news!


And with my contacts I am seeing 20/15 clearly and can read some on the 20/10 line too! The doctor laughed when I was upset that I couldn't read all of the 20/10 line. She said a lot of people don't even get 20/20 with contacts or glasses and that I should be really happy. Yep, that's me. Wondering why I cannot read the smallest of lines with my contacts in and not realizing that I have better than normal vision!

No comments: