Friday, February 20, 2009

The four letter word

Get your minds out of the gutter people. I am talking about a different kind of four-letter word. D-I-E-T! Ugh. Why is it so hard to lose and so hard to gain? And with my thyroid and insulin issues I have a really hard time taking weight off. Makes me crazy. Then add kids and hormones and daily stress and you have down right impossible! I have started my new "diet". And I am now looking at health value instead of calories. I am going to exercise every day and put more healthy, unprocessed foods on my menu. And if I want cake, I am going to have it, and eat it too. I think that in the past, the denial of certain things definitely led to me falling off the wagon. All things in moderation.... Hopefully it will work better than all of my old plans.

2 comments:

StylinMom said...

good for you...I struggle so much with weight too...agghhh so annoying!
good luck!

ICLW
m :)

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Good Luck! May I recommend a great book? "I Can Make You Thin" by Paul McKenna. I don't get into all the hypnosis stuff he talks about, but his insights into why diets are always so hard are incredible. I've lost more than 6 pounds this month just by following his recommendations.
ICLW