Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's 2009

We had a great Valentine's Day! Got a babysitter and went out to dinner with another couple. We haven't gone out for dinner on Valentine's for a long time. It is just not worth the wait and crowds to me. And boy was it crowded. Brian knew the manager where we went, and we still waited about two hours for a table. Thank goodness for the bar!

It was also nice to get slightly dressed up. My daily attire usually consists of sneakers, and jeans or sweats. I am at home with my kids, plus the 2-3 I babysit a day. The rest of the time is spent out back with the kids, or on the playground. So, make-up and heels are a rarity for me. It was fun to be a girl for a night!

Dinner was just delicious. I had scallops and Brian had a fillet, so we shared. The couple we were with had fillet and lobster tail - they also shared. So it was surf and turf for all! We skipped out on dessert and came home to play a little Rock Band on the Wii! A perfect end to a great evening!

No comments: