Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Girl Stuff!

I cannot believe it is only a matter of a few months until I see a photo of my new daughter. We started this process in August of 2007, and I have no idea where the time between then and now went. The wait has gotten really hard in the last few weeks. I guess because we are so close, yet still so far. Things change. Countries change rules. Time lines can really slow down. Anything can happen and I guess I won't feel safe until she is in my arms. I guess this is a normal feeling, but I am not sure if it is exaggerated a bit for me because of all the loses I experienced.

My Mom surprised me with some girl clothes the other day! Cute onsies with flowers. A few great jackets - spring and winter. Pink snow pants with brown and green flowers. Who knew snow pants came in colors other than black and navy blue! Cute shirts and an adorable striped dress! Oh, I cannot wait to dress her up!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! I'll have to check back to see when she arrives.

I'm here a day early for the ICLW since I'll be out all day tomorrow.

Tracy said...

That is wonderful of your mom to get you the little pick me up. Girl clothes are SOOOOOO cute....

Michelle said...

That is so exciting. I can't wait to hear about your new daughter!

StylinMom said...

wow the wait must be soo hard...but it will be sooo worth it!!
I can't wait to hear your stories!

stopping by from ICLW

m :)

Erin said...

Here from ICLW. How exciting for you. I love girl clothes, so much more fun then the boy ones I have been buying! My MIL had three boys and then finally her girl 10 years after her first was born.

Have fun shopping and dressing!

Elana Kahn said...

How exciting for you! My mom is sending me all sorts of baby girl clothes that used to be mine and my sisters. I can't wait to see what she used to dress me up in! ICLW

Stacie said...

Here from ICLW.

What a great surprise from your mom! While boys can be a lot of fun, let's face it, their clothes can be somewhat boring. I am sure you'll have loads of fun dressing your daughter when she joins your family!

nh said...

How exciting. And how lovely of your mom!

ICLW

caitsmom said...

Stopped by for ICLW. I'm looking forward to reading more of your adoption story. This is something I've thought about, but DH and I aren't sure. Seems like the wait can be excruciating, so sending you lots of hugs and hopes for your baby girl in your arms in good time. (((hugs)))