Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Last Place

My Grandmom always used to tell me - you always find what you are looking for in the last place that you look! Right? As a kid I used to think the statement was amazing! When I was older I realized that she is always right because the place you find something is the last place that you look! Duh!

Justin seemed to be on a mad search to find something this morning. I tried to talk to him. I wanted to help. He was frantically digging through bins and dumping out baskets. All the time babbling and babbling to himself. He was definitely a man on a mission. I just had no idea what the mission was. And I still don't.

I guess I was looking at his rampage from an adult point of view. No adult would just riffle through all the drawers and closets in the house, well, just for the fun of doing it. I like things orderly and put away, not spilled out on the living room floor for all to see. So, is it that we have lost the fun in doing nothing that kids so enjoy, or is it that we know no one will help us clean up the mess when we are finished with the fun? Maybe a little of both?

When I stop to really think about it, after I get over the absurdity of it, it would be kind of fun to just dump some drawers onto the floor and send my laundry tumbling down the steps. It would be a great emotional release and I bet that I would end up laughing while doing it. The kids would think I had gone bonkers and probably be wondering how to contact my doctor. But once they got over the shock, they would laugh too! Okay, now I just need someone to clean up and organize once we are done. Any takers?


Justin's secret mission


No comments: