Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chopstick Cow

We ordered Chinese food tonight - one of the boys' favorites! They even choose it over McDonald's most of the time. They always order the same thing - Chicken and Broccoli. Brian will sometimes eat and egg roll, but Sean stays with the chicken, broccoli, and white rice. A great neighbor gave them kid friendly chopsticks for Christmas and they love to use them. Brian wouldn't let me take his picture tonight, so maybe I will catch him on film next time.

When I was a child, my favorite place to go for dinner was to the Japanese restaurant, Benihana. The chef cooks the food on a grill right in front of you and throws the food, knives, and spices around like a circus act! My grandmother used to take us for birthdays and other celebrations. At first, they used to fix the chopsticks with a rolled wrapper and a rubber band. But eventually, I learned to use them without the training aid. I hope to one day teach the boys. I am sure the skill will come in handy when I go to Korea!

getting it all in with chosticks
concentrating on picking up a piece of chicken

No comments: