Sunday, January 6, 2008

Missing All the Fun!

We are finally making some progress with Sean wiping himself. He no longer uses all the potty wipes or the whole roll of toilet paper. And he doesn't try to flush it all either - that alone is improvement. He still needs some supervision and we have to check to make sure he has done a good job.

Most of the time, he calls one of us to come and watch before he starts wiping but occasionally he wipes first and then calls. I was in the living room, which is within shouting distance from the downstairs bathroom, and he went to the bathroom. I was on the floor playing with Justin and he had been gone awhile, so I yelled to see if he was okay. He said, "Yes. I am on the potty." I went back to playing and waited for him to call.

The next thing I know he is yelling to me. He said, "Ma-a-a-a-m! You are missing all the fun in here! I am wiping myself!" Not exactly what I would call fun but hey, whatever floats his boat is fine with me. He did a really good job and even did a little demonstration of how he wiped for me. It is funny - so many things happen in my everyday life since having kids that don't even register as out of the ordinary to me anymore.

No one tells you the details and the nitty gritty about having kids - I guess they don't want to scare you away. Kind of like how you learn about labor and childbirth but no one tells you all the minute details. Or that once the baby comes out that you will still look pregnant for many weeks - or months - or years! When I was younger I could have never imagined what my life would turn into with three kids, and now I cannot imagine my life without them.

No comments: