Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Great Adoption News

I am not allowed to get into specifics but we have had some great news on the adoption front. The last two Korea updates have said that he wait times from sending the home study to Korea and referral have actually decreased! With the holidays and being so busy, we have not really made much progress with our paperwork. In the next few weeks, I hope to get everything finished and sent into our adoption agency.

They will review everything and make sure it is all there. This process will take a week or two, depending on how many other things they have going on at the same time. Then we will get a call from our social worker and an invoice for our home study. The home study and paper work should take about a month to complete. After that, everything gets sent to the adoption agency headquarters and if it is all in order, it will be sent to Korea. We will then be officially on the 'waiting list' and each month will move closer to the number one spot!

The next thing will be a call saying that we were matched with a baby. I cannot wait for this day! She will be about eight or nine months old. We will be sent, and I think e-mailed, pictures and a medical history! Then we will have to review the referral and hopefully send in our acceptance! Then there will be another few month wait until we travel! I think that will be the hardest wait of all - having a picture and information but not being able to do anything but wait - well, there will be plenty of shopping for pink and purple to do!

So, without getting too specific I can say that the birth mother is probably pregnant or will soon be pregnant with our little girl. That is, if the time lines stay the same. That evokes so many emotions in me. She will be finding out that she is pregnant and be faced with so many tough decisions. I will be so happy and thankful for the sacrifices that she will make and at the same time cannot imagine what she will be going through. I do know that I will be forever grateful to her for giving me one of the most precious gifts that anyone can give.

I wish that I could be with the birth mother, bring her to my house, take care of her, and help her through her pregnancy. I know that is not possible but I wish it were. I would love to be able to thank her personally and wrap my arms tightly around her in a big hug. I hope that I get a chance to meet and thank the baby's foster parents. I have been doing a lot of thinking about the birth mom already and yet I have know idea who she is or anything about her. It is amazing how connected I will feel to her through the baby and yet I will never even know her name.

No comments: