Friday, January 25, 2008

Stuck on Baby

Justin loves balloons. When he sees them he gets excited as only babies do - his arms wave around at mach speed and his legs kick more than Beckham's in a soccer game. With all of this commotion going on, he is smiling and talking and breathing in and out at a quick pace.

He loves to hit balloons and squish them and lick them and kick them and even just stare at them in amazement. I guess maybe the following happened he had fuzzy pajamas on and was doing his army crawl all over the carpet before he picked up the balloon.

He grabbed it and rolled over onto his back with it. When he does this, he reminds me of an otter swimming around to pick up shells and then rolling over to crack and eat them. He does this all the time - he crawls around on his belly and then when he gets something, he rolls to his back to lie down and study it.

Then he held it between his hands and was lifting it up over his head and then back to his belly over and over. With each sweep by his head, more and more static electricity was generated. We were laughing and laughing as his hair was beginning to stand up like he had been struck by lightning.

Justin soon tired of the balloon and began to crawl away. Just when we thought the fun was over, it came crashing back! As Justin crawled away, the balloon stayed with him. First it clung to the back of his head. After a minute he realized something was back there and tried to get it. But try as he might, he could not reach it because as he turned, so did the balloon. He would stop and look over his shoulder but the balloon was nowhere to be found. This was funny to watch - it was like a dog chasing his tail!

While watching the balloon clinging to Justin, I couldn't help but singing the Band-aid jingle in my head. "I am stuck on band-aid brand 'cause band-aid's stuck on me...." Great, now this song will be in my head for days to come. If you see me singing to myself picking the kids up from school or in line at the grocery store, feel free to join in to sing the chorus with me! The more the merrier!

So that everyone can be as crazy as me, I went searching on You Tube for the old band-aid commercial. I found this one from the 1940's - too funny. 'It even stays on in dishwater!' I couldn't find the 'stuck on' commercial but I did find this funny one from the 1970's for McDonalds, I think I actually remember it! Now I will really date myself - Do you remember Freshen-up, 'the gum that goes squirt!' I used to love it! Okay enough, I could reminisce on YouTube for hours! I just have to share a few more - maybe you remember Fruit Stripe Gum or Where's the Beef?

In the end, I did help him out and gave him back the balloon. But that pesky balloon decided to now stick to the front of his head. The boys were roaring with laughter. The balloon with static electricity reminded me of some great childhood memories. I remember my parents rubbing balloons on the carpet and on our heads. Then they would stick them on us and onto the ceiling. My brother and I would jump and jump to try to reach them. I want to play this with the boys more often and in the hope that they play this with their kids one day.


static boy


where is the static guard? stuck on Justin

No comments: