Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Eggs, Please

For the last few months, Sean has been asking for eggs breakfast, lunch, and dinner! If you remember, he never had eggs before that because he was allergic. He passed his food challenge test and has never looked back. We are really hoping that the same thing happens with his diary allergy in the near future.

It is funny how before his test, he knew he couldn't have eggs because they made his belly sick. And he never once complained or asked for them or anything containing them. He was so great at birthday parties and such. He had and still has his share of meltdowns, but never one about what he cannot eat because of his allergies. I guess he really did understand. We did have tantrums about eating Skittles for breakfast. He even went so far as to tell me that he needed to "taste the rainbow!" That wise comment came at about age three!

Now it is like he cannot live without eggs. I think that he is making up for lost time or something! I guess the old saying is true about not being able to miss something you have never had. Well maybe not, I do remember finding him behind a door at about two years old with a box of a dozen Dunkin Donuts! He had licked the icing off every one of them. When we found him, he just stared at us and flashed his best smile. I bet he thought I am caught now, so I better look as cute as possible! I never heard Brian Jr. so upset!

Maybe I should take out some stock in cheese and ice cream and milk in case he grows out of his milk allergy soon! We are all in trouble then. The kid eats more than anyone in our house, I cannot imagine letting him lose with a whole new food group!

Today, he talked his Dad into making him some eggs and wanted to help with the scrambling part. He did a really great job and said the eggs looked like a yellow tornado as he stirred them!

Chef Sean


No comments: