Saturday, March 1, 2008

An Extra Day to Remember

This is for Calliope at Creating Motherhood. She has proposed February 29 to be a day of tribute, a day to remember, a day to grieve.

To the ones I lost-

It seems like so long ago,
we were joined collectively as one.

You were once a part me,
growing deep inside my womb.

Then you left so suddenly,
taking pieces of my heart along.

The missing pieces, torn,
the holes left, incapable of repair.

A dark emptiness remains,
a reminder of the time we shared.

Our time together was too short,
what could I have I done so wrong?

I did my best to understand,
to learn from all that you had given.

You taught me to look deep,
proved I could be a better me.

You will never be forgotten,
touching my life in each new day.

I will always remember,
the world continues to move on.

No comments: