Friday, June 13, 2008

The Blues

No, not the sad kind of blues, the color blue. Why in the world do there have to be so many shades of blue? My in-laws are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow and I wanted the boys to be in matching outfits because there will be a photographer there. I did find them all the same navy blue shorts, but the shirts have seemed to elude me! I wasn't asking for too much, just light blue shirts. You know light blue - sky blue, baby blue, Carolina blue. Sounds pretty easy right?

Wrong! I couldn't find the same shirt in any store that I looked in. I could sometimes find one shirt and other times two shirts in some stores, but never three. Yes, a lot of stores had light blue shirts, but all of the blues were so different. Some were more blue and some more gray. They all looked the same to me until I got them home and put them next to each other. It drove me insane!

I went to about six different stores and walked two different malls. I did finally get three shirts that matched, but they were much more pricey than I would have liked. So, I wish that fabric makers would get their acts together and just make light blue, well, light blue. It would save us moms trying to find matching shirts for pictures so much time running around! And don't get me started on reds or navy blues! Ugh!

Happy 50th Anniversary Mom and Dad!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine your frustration just trying to find something as simple as matching blue shirts. I'm glad you finally found them.

Happy 50th to your folks...that's quite the acomplishment.

Anonymous said...

Blue just isn't blue. Do you know anyone who can sew? If so you could get a few yards of fabric and know for sure that all the shirts would be the same.

Alyson and Ford said...

Have a great time celebrating their 50th! Enjoy!

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Happy anniversary to your parents!

Anonymous said...

Not even just light blue, all colors. We just redid our daugther's bedroom and we had to bring in her pillow sham in order to find the right shade of pink. That was a nightmare!

fatfighter said...

Too funny! I hate it when you are trying to match colors like that! You're right, it seems like it should be easy, but obviously you know it's sooooo NOT. ;) NCLM

DC said...

Hope the anniversary party was great and that you found those elusive matching shirts. :)

Ginny said...

I hate when it is hard to find the right clothes for kids. There are so many shades of color. It also makes it hard to match clothes year after year. They change the shade just a bit so that last year summer clothes don't match with this years, ugh!

Stephanie said...

It amazes me how many options there are for blue!

From nclm!