Friday, June 6, 2008

Independent Baby

Justin has developed quite a little independent streak. He reminds me so much of Brian when he is like this. Brian, from a young age, wanted to do everything himself and Sean still wants to be taken care of and have things done for him. Justin wants to feed himself, he tries to help loosen the tabs on his diaper, he tries to put his shoes on by himself, and prefers to hold his own bottle.

I let him try with yogurt today. I gave him the container with only a spoonful left in it. He probably should have been in a high chair, but what fun would that be? He was so excited and kept glancing at me in disbelief like he was doing something wrong. It was so cute! He was also very proud of himself and proudly displayed his delight! You cannot tell by his face, but he did actually get some yogurt into his mouth! My baby is getting so big!

Yum!
deep in thought
Are you sure this is okay?
piggy face
good to the last slurp
messy face side view

1 comment:

Pale said...

Adorable! TOO cute!!

My eleven month old still won't hold his bottle ... his sibs both held theirs early. He has the best coorination of the three, feeds himself solids with gusto, but he insists that the bottle is my job, not his. Wondering (in a light-hearted way, of course) what this says about his future personality.

Sorry I haven't been around. Kind of crazy here.

Take Care!