Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another Adoption Update

I called our agency last Tuesday (4/9) to check on our progress and was told that they did have everything they needed from us. Our paperwork still has to be reviewed by the head social worker. She was to be in on Thursday (4/11) of last week. I was told that she would be reviewing our file and if everything was in order that we would be invoiced for our home study visits soon and that I might even get something in the mail on Friday or Saturday!

I was so excited to hear that we were finished on our side! I couldn't wait for the mail to come on Friday! This was another time I was glad that our mail is always delivered before about 10:00 am! You know I was stalking the mail lady! I was only a little upset on Friday when nothing came. But, I just figured that maybe the social worker finished late in the day. I wasn't really expecting to see a letter, but it still would have been nice.

Saturday I ran to get the mail. And not only does our mail come early, but I have a warning system too. Our dog sits on the couch and watches out the window for our mail carrier in the mornings! When she comes, he barks and I know that the mail had arrived. Sad to say that again - nothing from the adoption agency. I was really expecting it on Saturday and with tomorrow being Sunday I now had to wait until Monday! Ugh!

So, today I run out and am almost positive that there will be a letter for me! I can hardly stand it as I open the mailbox! I quickly sort through the contents of the mail box and once again come up short! I immediately went inside and called my agency. I barely got out my name when she said, "I have your folder right here on my desk to be looked at today." I was wondering if it even got reviewed last week and was almost afraid to ask. I said, "Is it waiting to be approved or waiting to be invoiced?' She said, "It is waiting to be invoiced." I asked, "So, it is all approved and we are ready for our home study?" She said, "Yes, congratulations. It has been approved and I will mail out the invoice today."

Her words filled my eyes with happy tears. I actually felt as if I was walking on air and danced around the room. Which, if you know me, is so out of character! I am actually having a hard time trying to explain it in words. Happy. Excited. Glad. Elated. Floating. Ecstatic. Joyful. Delighted. Hmmm, none of them seem to accurately sum it up. Maybe if you put them all together? I know I was walking around with a huge smile and a spring in my step all day!

I was still a little disappointed to not have the invoice. But I did get the good news that I was waiting for. The hard part was over - we were approved to begin our home study! Now I just have to wait on that letter! C'mon mail!

No comments: