Sunday, April 20, 2008

I am seeing pink!

Since things have been moving along with the adoption, I decided to buy something small - and PINK! I found a 5-pack of Carter's onsies. I figure if it is hot she can wear them as T-shirts and if it is cold, then they will be undershirts! It was a great feeling to have something for her - and a bit strange to be on the other side of the store.

The side with all the cute clothes. Dresses and capris. Flowers and butterflies. Mary Jane shoes and tights. Knee socks and lace socks. Skirts and skorts. Polka-dot bathing suits and matching cover-ups. Pink and purple. I wandered around and looked and touched and dreamed. I need to stay away from the girl side - I will spend all my money before she gets here!

The side that is so foreign to me. I am so used to jeans and sweat pants. Sweat shirts and T-shirts. Blue and red and gray. Sneakers and more sneakers. Don't get me wrong, I do love buying boys clothes. I love the ones with baseballs. The ones with surf boards and sharks. The football ones and the dog ones. There are some really great boys clothes and I am sure that if I had three girls that I would be looking longingly at the boys' side!


the onsies
a blanket I have had since before Sean -
it was only $1.00 on clearance!
a snowsuit a friend found for $2.00
Kathryn's 1st present from a good friend

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Pink is fun!!

Aimee said...

Yay for girl stuff - I was so excited to get pink too. We'll have to go shopping for more girly stuff one day closer to K's arrival!! My girls can always use new clothes (heehee)