Wednesday, April 2, 2008

U.T.E.R.U.S.

I have to say that tonight my heart is warmed. Well, maybe even more than warmed, it is flowing over with so much happiness that I almost cannot stand it. A few great ladies with huge hearts have found a way to help some other ladies pay for infertility treatments. And since my last post about this subject, I have not gotten any bright ideas. So, I will be joining the movement to help one girl at at time. Calliope is certainly a deserving recipient and I cannot wait to see the money start rolling in.

The idea is to donate items to be sold on e-bay. You fill out a form to be pasted into an e-mail and then attach a picture of the item. You are responsible for the shipping, but you will receive it back when payment is made. A real win-win situation. A great single girl that has been dealing with some tough life issues is given a chance. A chance she thought would never come. What an amazing gift to give. And you, you get to rid your abode of some clutter. Oh and you get to feel good about changing some one's life - remember it's okay to feel warm and fuzzy.

If you want to help and have some great stuff to sell, please join the U.T.E.R.U.S (Union To Expedite Relief Until Self-Fulfillment) movement. You can find all the details on Mel's blog here and you can catch up with Calliope here. I agree with Mel, sometimes it is about helping one person at a time. Some times making a difference in one life means so much more. Hope you can sign up to help and get this wave started! I am off to search my closets!

I have to add that I know neither Mel or Calliope personally. I read Mel's infertility blog at least once a day and have read Calliope's occasionally. Isn't it wonderful how people can pull together. That is what I mean when I say there is a real sisterhood of amazing women created within the trenches of infertility and loss. It is truly amazing and I am proud to call myself a member! Where else can you feel so welcome, so supported, and so understood in a club that you also wished you were never a part of?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the advice about the PIO shot!!!

How far along are you with your Korean adoption?