Sunday, April 27, 2008

How in the world...?

How in the world does the awake time pass so slowly and the sleep time seem to go by so quickly?

How in the world do I have so many loads of wash to do when I could have sworn I just did five loads yesterday?

How in the world do my kids always know when I am on an important phone call?

How in the world does the bank take two days for a deposit to clear but only need five seconds to post a check written on your account?

How in the world can health insurance companies delete you from their system in one day but take over a month to get you in their system?

How in the world do babies know to wipe bananas only in freshly washed hair?

How in the world do diapers not come with a warning about 'blow-outs'?

How in the world do baby books not talk about long range projectile poop and vomit?

How in the world do kids always manage to act their worst when you invite company over?

How in the world do kids watch the same cartoon four hundred times - in a row?

How in the world can kids eat their boggies?

How in the world can I always get in the line that is the shorter but takes the longest?

How in the world have my kids learned to whine in such ear drum shattering tones?

How in the world do doctors think it is okay to make patients wait so long?

How in the world does my husband watch the same Sports Center ten times and re-runs of the 1980 World Series after he already knows who won?

How in the world are babies not bothered by their own stinky diapers?

How in the world do kids think that shirt sleeves can double as tissues?

How in the world do you teach Grandmoms to use a DVD and DVR when they just got the hang of a VCR?

How in the world do dogs always know which kid will drop the most food at the table?

How in the world will I sleep when I know I will be awake thinking of more or these?

1 comment:

Kathy V said...

How in the world is it that when you really need a pen, you can't find one or none of the ones you find have any ink?