Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Love in 100 words or less

This is my submission for Bridges: 100 Words: Love. Entries are due by Oct. 2nd, so there are only a few days left to participate. All the info can be found here. I some how edited and re-edited and finally settled on exactly 100 words!

My idea of love has changed so much over the years. During my earlier days, love was that giddy, dreamy feeling I got when a guy noticed me. As I approached my thirties, I looked at love from a whole new perspective. Love is secure and innocent, but at the same time completely frightening. It can feel warm like the summer sun on your face or icy like dark winter rain. Love is joyful and free, but also unforgiving and astringent. I was never able to comprehend the vastness of love, until I experienced loss. But still, I love again.

No comments: