Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th

I cannot believe it has been 7 years. I remember being in Babies R Us with Brian. He was only six and a half months old. I was in line and someone was talking about a plane crash. I really didn't think much of it. I got in the car and had a cd of The Cranberries in so there was no radio. I got home and changed Brian. I then put him upstairs for a nap. I got a drink and clicked on the TV. For the next few hours I just stared at the TV in disbelief. I think sometimes I am still in the same state of shock when I think about the events of that day.

I only know of one person whose life was lost when the Towers fell. Her name is Danielle and she was a year older than me in school. I played softball with her and she was in gymnastics with me too. Danielle was such a great person. We were not in touch after high school, but the thought of her being gone still saddens me. I really don't have any words...

Just take some time today to remember and fly those American flags high and proud!

No comments: