Sunday, October 28, 2007

Animal, Vegetable or Mineral?

Hmmm. My guess is none of the above. Not even sure what this was at first. I was cleaning out from behind our TV cabinet and found the following things - a green army guy, a paper airplane, a yo-ball, a fruit snack, a Nerf dart, and the thing in the following pictures. Oh and a ton of dust - but I could identify that right away. Definitely not the first strange unidentified item found in the house - and with three boys and a husband, I bet it won't be the last. This one had me puzzled for a few minutes.

Can you guess?

A mutant clam maybe?

Do you give up? Okay, this thing was formerly known as a banana. The stem finally gave it away for me. I have no idea how long it has been behind our TV cabinet, nor do I really want to know. I think it was more than a few days or a even week, so after that I don't want to know. I think it may be a while before I can eat a banana again. Of course, the boys thought it was neat. It probably crossed Brian's mind to bring it in for sharing! I might be kicked out of the PTA for this one! Just kidding!

I am going to tell myself that it happened when I was in the hospital having Justin. That frees me from blame, But wait, then I have to admit that I haven't cleaned behind there in about six months. I guess I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. They always say - the dirt will always be there and one day the kids will not. I pick the kids!

If you follow this blog, you only need one guess as to who the culprit was ...Sean! I asked him why a banana was left to rot behind the TV. He said, "It was mushy and had brown spots, so I didn't want to eat it." He said, "I just threw it and it went back there." I guess he hasn't heard of a trash can yet? Ugh!

No comments: