Friday, October 12, 2007

Let's Here It For The Boys!

I love to watch to those shows on the Discovery Channel and TLC where the families have like 15 kids. Or they have three sets of tins or a set of quads and a set of triplets that are 15 months apart! It looks like so much fun on TV! The other day I saw one I hadn't before. The family has 14 children - which doesn't break any records - but the thing I noticed is that 13 are boys! The mom comes from a family of 8 girls and 2 boys and the dad had 2 girls and 3 boys in his family. Then the dad goes on to say something about how he had a relatively small family. I would think that in this day and age that five children is above the average of 2.4 or whatever it is at this time.

I grew up with only one brother so big families are somewhat foreign to me. Yet, I have three kids and we are working on bringing home number four. And my brother has three kids. Brian Sr. is the youngest of seven (6 boys and 1 girl) - so big families are nothing to him. I remember when we were dating that we went to one of his niece's birthday parties - it was the size of a wedding in my family and it was only his brother's and sister and their kids! A funny thing is that Brian's sister grew up as the only girl and she went on to have six kids - 5 boys and 1 girl! I bet she can really understand her daughter living with all those boys.

Boys are big in the Brian's family. Each of the siblings have at least one boy - however there are three families with no girls. And all of Brian's brothers have a junior. There are 26 grandchildren and of those 26 - 18 are boys and 8 are girls. And there has been a run on boys lately. The youngest girl is 12 and the last 10 have been boys! Looks number 27 and probably the last grandchild will be a girl! Then we will move onto great-grandchildren - the oldest grand kids are turning 23 in 2008!

No comments: