Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Liar, Liar ...

...pants on fire! If this were true - Sean's bum would be cooked! He would give Pinocchio a run for his money - his nose would be thirty feet long by now! He seriously thinks he is fooling us with his lying! This is all new to me because Brian never did half of the things that Sean does! He has lied before - but only to say he didn't do it. He never made up elaborate stories that couldn't possibly be true! Here are some recent conversations:

In response to finding him half naked two minutes before we need to walk out the door:
Me - "Sean where are your shirt and socks? We need to go and get Brian from school."
Sean - "Um. Justin took them and threw them down the steps into the basement."
Me - "Sean, Justin can do that. Besides the fact that he is asleep in his swing."
Sean - "Well, he did it because he doesn't want to go to school and pick up Brian today!"
Me - "Sean, Justin didn't do it."
Sean - "Okay. I'm sorry. I forgot, it was Roc." (now the dog does things too!)

In response to finding Brian's broken paddle ball on the floor:
Me- "Sean, what happened to Brian's paddle ball?"
Sean - "It broke." (thanks for the obvious!)
Me - "How did it break?"
Sean - "I was playing with it too close to Justin and he reached out and grabbed it and the
ball came off."
Me - "Sean, I know Justin didn't break the paddle ball. What happened."
Sean - "Hmm. I don't really remember. It maybe broke itself?"

Telling Dad what happened to Brian's paddle ball:
Dad - "Sean, how did the paddle ball break?"
Sean - "Justin was bad and got scissors. Then he went over and got Brian's paddle ball. Then he
went snip, snip and the ball fell off!"
Dad - (turning away laughing) "Sean, Justin cannot use scissors!"
Sean - "Well he did it!"
Dad - "Sean did you break the paddle ball?"
Sean - "Nope. Um, maybe it was Roc with the scissors!"

When he wouldn't eat his veggies one night:
Me - "Sean finish your zucchini."
Sean - "I really don't like green things any more."
Me - "Sean just finish and then we can play. Put some more ketchup on it."
Sean - (fidgeting in his seat) "I have to go potty."
Me - "Take a bite first."
Sean - "Okay." (shoves a few pieces in and runs upstairs)
(he returns very quickly and all the zucchini is gone.)
Me - "Sean let me see in your mouth."
Sean - "Okay." (walks over and opens wide)
(not a trace of zucchini anywhere)
Me - "Sean did you eat the zucchini?"
Sean - "Yep. It was good." (lots of alarms go off in my head, "it was good?")
Me - "Did you flush it in the potty?"
Sean- "Nope."
(I go upstairs to check - there is a wad of half chewed zucchini in the sink!)
Me - "Sean come up here."
Sean - "Okay."
Me - (pointing to the sink) "What is this?"
Sean - "I don't know."
Me - "I think it is your zucchini."
Sean - "No, I don't think so, Mom!"
Me - (Giving my best "You're in serious trouble" Mom stare)
Sean - "I think maybe I ate something with milk and got sick today!'
(a talk about lying finishes off the day and he finally admits he did it!)

In response to foaming at the mouth -
Sean - " Mom, I think I have some bubbles in my mouth."
Me - (turning to look at him) "Yes, It looks like you do."
Sean - "I think some just landed in my mouth."
Me - "Sean, did you drink the bubble solution."
Sean - "No."
Me - "Sean, how did you get bubbles in your mouth?"
Sean - "I think the bubbles wanted me to eat them!"

No comments: