Sunday, October 21, 2007

Last Soccer Game!

Brian's team definitely didn't have a winning season - but they did have fun! I was amazed at how much Brian and the rest of the team improved this year. For the most part they learned to not take the ball away from their own teammates - especially when they are about to score! A lot of them can pass the ball and they can throw the ball in down the sidelines. They cover the other players on a throw-in and try to dribble around the other team's players - not just kick the ball as hard as they can!

Brian scored some goals this year - sadly not in the last game though. He did have about seven or eight shots on goal - they just had a really good goalie. I didn't get pictures of the actual game - I was too busy using the video camera! These pictures are of warm-ups before the game!
Sean is usually running around close to where we stand - he really doesn't watch the game. But when Brian asks him if he saw a goal or a good play he says yes! He is in training to be a parent! A few times I have missed something and Brian will turn to me and smile. I wave and smile - then he asks me if I saw what he did. The answer is always yes! My sister-in-law told me I don't have long to keep pulling this off. He 8th grader quizzes her on the play if he thinks she is lying! Not ready for that!

Well, during this game I was videotaping and talking to other moms. I turned around to look for Sean and couldn't see him. I videotaped a little more and again searched around the field. I didn't see him right away, so I put down the camera for a closer look around. I started to walk over to some moms to ask if they had seen him when I heard a giggle. There was Sean lying in the wet grass under the stroller! He thought he was too funny!

ball up in the air!dribblingmore dribblingrunning to score! medal shot with cousin MattSean under the strollerJustin sleeping at the game

No comments: