Monday, October 22, 2007

Dirty, Dirty Blankie!

Sean's Blankie got a much needed bath! I have been trying to steal it away from him for weeks! I did learn my lesson though. Sean got attached to Blankie and I didn't think to buy more. When I realized that some back-ups might be a good idea I could not find one in the store anywhere ! Jusitn has a blanket with sports balls and animals on it and a small lion blankie that he likes to cuddle with. I have four of each!

A friend told me of the magical powers of Biz laundry booster! Boy did it work! I wanted to wash Blankie by hand because it is starting to frey around the edges. So, I poured a little Biz into a bowl and added some warm water. The directions say to let it soak for about 30 minutes. But I couldn't resist peeking and I went to check on it after about ten minutes. I couldn't believe the color of the water in the bowl. I got a glass and scooped some out. Yuck! I am surprised Sean has not caught some strange disease from that thing!

I then rinsed out Blankie, changed the water, scooped in some Biz and soaked Blankie again. Again the water turned a murky brown! Yuck! I scooped out the water in a glass again - still pretty gross, but getting better. I rinsed Blankie with clean water and made another soak solution.

This time the water stayed pretty clean, so I let it soak for about an hour. I couldn't believe it! Blankie actually had a hint of yellow back in him! I could actually see the jungle animals printed on it. All of the stains were gone - even old blood, and blueberries, mud and some unidentifiable marks! Gone, all gone! Of course my mind started racing to all of the other spots I could get out with Biz! It was better than getting diamonds. Well, not really, but close!

If you are not the laundry person in your home or never had a stain that you couldn't remove, you probably won't understand my excitement. Yes, excitement to me is finding a great stain remover! If you told me that 15 years ago I would have never believed you! I probably could have cleaned Brian's muddy baseball pants in half the time with this stuff! And baby spit and poop! I wonder if it works on carpets? Watch out spots and stains - here I come armed with Biz!

I need to make myself a super hero shirt with a big B for Biz on the front! A cape would be nice too - and some super powers. I would love to be able to fly and to see through walls. Oh and eyes in the back of my head - got to have them! My kids already think that I have them - don't tell! And super speed to catch that falling kid right before he hits the ground. I will need one of those magic nose twitches like Samantha on Bewitched - it will really cut down on my cooking and cleaning time. Oooh and hair that automatically does it self in the morning and clothes that are always clean! I could go on forever! It would be nice....

1st wash water
1st wash water up to the light
2nd wash water
2nd wash water up to the light

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Kim, I knew I was going to see pictures of that water at the end of your story. You are too funny!
That blanket is WELL loved. :)
Aimee