Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Happy Birthday Brain Sr!

Brian turned 36 today! He took the day off work - it is in the company handbook that employees get the day off for their birthday! I think I need a manual for Moms with paid vacations and holidays. Heck - I would even settle for one day off!

I have read on a few other blogs talk about stay at home Moms being worth millions. I guess after a few years I would be. I searched stay-at-home-mom salary and picked a site to calculate my salary - it is customized to the area you live in and number of kids and number of hours spent doing household duties. It showed me a check for $222,369! Boy would I love to make that salary! If you are a SAHM - here is the link to the site I used to calculate your would-be salary:
http://swz.salary.com/momsalarywizard/layoutscripts/mswl_newsearch.asp

I also found calculators to put in info about spending and salary etc. to see if you can quit your job to be a SAHM and still make ends meet. That is pretty neat too! I am not against working Moms at all - it is just not for me. I have friends who would lose their sanity without their jobs and I totally respect that. I am the opposite - I lose my mind when I am working!

Okay, once again I have taken a little detour! Well, Happy Birthday Brian!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you could make my birthday about you, can't you just say Happy Birthday!!!