Friday, October 26, 2007

Memory Loss and School Pictures

I went to bed last night thinking that I was forgetting something. I usually never forget things! (wink, wink) I did fall asleep rather quickly because Justin was up at 4 am two nights ago. He didn't really go back to sleep until almost 9 am! He was happy being held and didn't want to eat - maybe teeth or separation anxiety?

I woke up this morning and looked at the boys' school calendars. Brian - good nothing I forgot. And then I looked at Sean's calendar. There it was, nice and big - Picture Day! Ooops! I had been meaning to give him a haircut for the last few days! I let out a big sigh.

I looked over at Sean - Yep, he needs a hair cut. Way to long for pictures! But our usual haircut out back was out of the question - it was cool and rainy outside. Then I got an idea - I just love it when my brain decides to work - especially at crunch time!

I called Sean to come upstairs and I put him in the tub, I pulled the shower curtain partially closed so that hair wouldn't fly out all over the bathroom, and got out my clippers! He got #2 on the sides and #3 on the top. It was a rushed cut and not perfect but great for the pictures today. He only screamed part of the time and no blood - so all in all a good cut! I know that Brian Sr. thought I was crazy!

As Sean was walking out the door Brian Sr. said, "Sean let me see your smile." He looked right at his Dad, lifted up his chin, squinted his eyes and yelled cheese! Then Sean said, "Dad, that's the one!" while pointing to his face! Perfect, just perfect! The good thing is that we get to see the pictures in a few weeks before we buy - so no money upfront. I hope I am pleasantly surprised and that they didn't let him smile like that. If he did smile funny I wasted time on a hair cut because there will be no pictures to buy!

On the other hand - if he did smile like that - I should buy at least one photo to show him when he is older. Oh the ways I could embarrass him...

No comments: