Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Daihatsu Invasion?

It was a very strange night for me. Went out to do a few errands and didn't travel much more than ten miles from home. On the way there I saw two Dihatsu Hijet trucks and on the way home I saw one. And all three of them were on the back of a bigger truck. I know what you are thinking, and no, they were all different trucks on the back, and different trucks hauling them. I know I have seen them on TV, but I don't think I have ever seen one in NJ, let alone three in the span of a few hours within ten miles of my home! And yes I could read Diahatsu off the back of the truck but I had to Google the Hijet part of it! Upon further Google reading, I find out that they are apparently illegal to drive in the United States, except for off road. I guess that is why they were all on the backs of other trucks! Any other sightings lately?




1 comment:

Debz said...

I have never seen or heard of them. But they ARE odd looking aren't they?