Thursday, May 8, 2008

Our Home Study Made it to Oregon!

I had an emotional ride on the adoption roller coaster and things haven't even really begun yet! I was told last week that our approved home study was sent to us and to Oregon on Friday last week. Our agency is only about 45 minutes away, so mail usually only take 2 days - and sometimes 1 day. If it was mailed to us on Friday, and today is Wednesday, then it should have been here! Even I can do the math for that! I called to check on it, because I have done enough reading to know that files get misplaced and things get lost in the mail. So, I called our NJ office and J confirmed that everything was sent on Friday.

I was not too worried about my copy, it was the one going to the main office that I was worried about. Since I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep without knowing one way or the other, I called the main office. I spoke to M and she said that she didn't have it but would check and call me back. About an hour later I was picking up Sean from school and when I got home there was a message from M. It said that she did receive our home study today and if no changes need to made, that it will go in the batch to Korea on Friday! I cannot believe it! I am beyond excited!

No comments: