Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Vomiting, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Diarrhea...

The title pretty much sums up Sean's life for the past week. He has some strange virus that makes him only throw up in his bed when he wakes up! Can you say fun? You would think that I would have leaned after the first few nights to put a bucket in there with him! Nope it took me four nights to figure that one out! Because he felt better for the rest of the day I think that I figured he was better. I have washed his sheets and comforter more times in the last few days than I have in months! Luckily it was only one session of vomiting per day, but then the diarrhea started.

This was all so strange because I was accustomed to the 24-48 hours stomach flu. It was so bad that he had to wear a pull-up since he couldn't make it to the bathroom fast enough. I have had to wash more of his underwear and pants than I care to count! He also forgot to put a new pull-up on a few times and went on the couch and chair! So add scrubbing two - make that three cushions, to my list! But this not-making-it-to-the-bathroom only lasted until about lunch time. Then he ran around like his usual wild self. He never had a fever, never felt bad (except while getting sick), and always had an appetite! He wouldn't be Sean if he didn't comment on the poop though.

The first day he must have been embarrassed and tried to cover it up by putting a pillow over it. I did not see him do this and later sat in the chair. I didn't move the pillow until after I sat down and kept smelling poop. I checked the baby, the dog's feet and Sean's pants. I still couldn't figure out where it was coming from. It seemed to be all over the house and following me! A few minutes later, I walked by Sean and he said, "Mom I just want to tell you that you have poop on your butt!"

At first I thought he was joking, we are talking about Sean! I turned and pulled my pants around a bit - and sure enough there was poop on my butt! I asked Sean, "Did you poop somewhere?' He said, "Nope, not even in the chair!" Hey, I wasn't born yesterday! His attempt at reverse psychology wasn't going to work on me! As I walked over to the chair he ran upstairs, and thus leaving another clue to his guilt!

I lifted up the top cushion a bit and there is was! Yuck, yuck and double yuck! I took the covers off of both cushions and took them into the kitchen to scrub them in the sink! Just what I wanted to do today, especailly after just cleaning vomit from his bed! The only thing worse would have been if I had a stomach bug too! You can bet I had no sympathy for his illness and he got a stern lecture about telling Mom when he gets poop or any other bodily fluid anywhere in the house - or out!

I thought that he listened to what I had to say. Two days later he was yelling from the couch that he pooped on the cushion again! I guess I should explain that Sean likes to just take his clothes off for no reason at all. At any given time during the day, I can walk in the room and find him naked. I let him have his freedom and figure things are good since he is not doing it at school or out in public. I know how to pick my battles!

So, I grab a box of wipes and run into the living room. When I get there he is looking proud of himself and smiling. Hmmm. Maybe he misunderstood the talk? He says, "Look Mom! Look! I pooped a T-Rex leg!" You know, he was right. I could kind of see a T-Rex leg, although I probably would have said it looked more like Italy! I had to laugh and told him that it did look like a T-Rex leg! He clapped his hands and jumped up and down! Ugh!

Most of the time I have no idea what that boy is thinking or how his crazy mind works. He is one of a kind. And I have to say there is never a dull moment with Sean around! Anyone in need of some entertainment is free to borrow him! You will not be disappointed!

1 comment:

Kathy V said...

It sounds like you have had a nice couple of days at you house. It was nice of him to help you make you look like you pooped yourself as well. That was awfully nice of him! Sorry you have had this recent scrubbing and wash misfortune.