Friday, May 16, 2008

Sean

The other night I was giving the boys a bath. Sean jumped in first and Brian wanted to wait to take a shower. As I was getting Justin ready to go in with Sean, he dumped a whole bucket of little rubber ducks wearing football helmets into the tub. Sean started to try to pick them up out of the water with his mouth! He said, "Look Mom I am biting for ducks just like biting for apples at Halloween." I said, "It's bobbing for apples." He said, "I don't know what bobbing is but when you get something in your mouth and use your teeth it is biting." And so it is!

That same night I was putting the big boys to bed and it is a rule in our house that they have to go potty before bed. I don't care if they went ten minutes ago or five hours ago, they have to try. Because I hate changing bed sheets - especially on the top bunk! It was Sean's turn to go andhe jsut stood there looking from the toilet back to me again and again. Then he looks at me again and says, "Mom, I can't go. My peep is empty!" I was laughing so hard, he has such a way with words!

Then last night at Brian's baseball game he thought it would be a good idea to flash the opposing team and say, "Ha, ha! Look at my weiner!" I was mortified and we quickly had a "nice" little talk. He knew he was wrong and we talked about his body and how it was private. His answer was, " Sorry Mom, but I didn't do it to Brian's team though." Maybe it was a distraction technique to give Brian's team the edge! Last year at t-ball he pulled his pants all the way down and ran around, so I can say we are making progress...

No comments: