Saturday, May 10, 2008

Paper Pregnant!!!

It's here! It's finally here. In my mailbox! It's here! Did I say, It's here?

I got a letter from our agency today. It is the one I have been waiting for. The one that has a copy of our home study so that we can submit our I-600A form to USCIS. It was in there with the I-600A form and instructions to file the form. Only that wasn't all. There was so much more.

Also in the envelope was a letter addressed to us. It started - " Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that your home study has been approved and your name is on the list of approved families waiting for a match of a child from Korea." I almost fell off the chair. I thought our home study had to be in Korea before we were officially on the list. But this letter says that we are on the list! Wow! In the adoption world we are known as paper pregnant!

The letter went on about immigration and filing the I-600A form and ended with - "We rejoice with you that you are closer tot he time of receiving word about your prospective child. Please be assured that we are committed to doing all we can to bring you and your child together." Yep, my eyes did fill with a few tears. I am so excited!

So, I have to admit that this adoption thing has taken hold of me and made me a little crazy! After getting this letter I wanted to know, okay needed to know, if our home study was in the batch that went to Korea today. I called the main office. The woman I spoke to the other day was out of the office and some one else took the call. She was very nice and admitted that she didn't know too much about home studies going to Korea.

I asked if she knew if ours went today. She said it didn't and was in a pile that needed additional paperwork. Ugh! She said the other woman would be back on Monday and I could call and ask her about it. She didn't know what was missing and didn't know if it was something I needed to do or the agency needed to do. I have lived a life of things happening on Friday afternoons and holiday weekends. I am getting used to it and should have expected it this time too! She didn't even know if any home studies went to Korea at all.

I later found out that the director of the Korea program is also the director for the Ethiopia program. She has been in Ethiopia and will return next week. I don't know if she needs to see the home studies before they make it to Korea. Hopefully the problem will be resolved and we can be HSTK (home study to Korea) next Friday! But no matter when it gets there - WE ARE ON THE LIST! Paper pregnancy is wonderful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful thing to happen on Mother's Day weekend!

Kathy V said...

COngrats. Maybe it was just delayed on their part and you actually don't need anything. THat is great news.

Kathy V said...

Nursery/belly pic up at my blog. Telling you cause you said you wanted to see them.

Anonymous said...

Yea! Congratulations!

Rebeccah said...

Congratulations on your paper pregnancy! That's such exciting news!