Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tea Twice is Nice!

When I first found out that Brian and Sean were both having a Mother's Day tea I got a little worried. The worry was soon replaced with happiness when I found out that Brian's tea was at 9:30am and Sean's at 10:45am. I was afraid that they would both be at the same time and I had no idea how I would choose which one to go to!

Brian's was a lot of fun. They had a couple of cute songs about Moms and had poems hung up in the front of the room. They did not have names on them and it was fun to try to guess which one was written by your child! I have to admit that it was harder than it looked - who knew so many first graders had the same handwriting! Brian's' said-

My Mom has blue eyes.
My Mom has yellow hare (hair).
My Mom loves granola bars.
My Mom makes the Best cakes.
My Mom is a good drower. (drawer)

Brian did get a bit frustrated because he was one of the last kids picked to read his card. He read the first few lines and then didn't want to read any more. I am not sure if he was shy or if he was mad. His teacher said that he did fine when they practiced. I think it was a little case of stage fright and that he doesn't like being the center of attention.



He read so quickly and held the card up in front of his face, so I didn't get a picture of his really reading it. With a little coaxing he was kind enough to pretend like he was reading it for Mom! What a nice boy! On the outside it says, 'I love you Mom!' with flowers and a picture of Brian and I wearing Raven's uniforms! The inside of the card said - 'My Mom Is Very Special. On Mother's Day She Really Likes A Lot Of Jewelry.' All I have to say is, That's my boy! After the readings the kids served us bagels and donuts with juice. We read our other cards and they gave us the little flower pots that they made us.

Sean's tea was very nice too. They got up in the front of the room and sang a few songs. Then they too served the Moms. We had muffins and cookies and coffee cake bread. It was yummy! I also got a card and a votive candle holder!

Sean and his best friend Reilly

I am always amazed at the way the Sean sings. He does such a great job and puts his whole heart into it! He always does all of the hand motions and has a big smile! Great job Sean!


1 comment:

Kathy V said...

That would have been challenging to be in both places at one time. Atleast you got two breakfasts out of it. It sounds like everybody did a good job.