Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Another One Down

Brian's other front tooth came out tonight. It was the one on the middle right. He was eating a chocolate Santa and it just fell out. He spit out the tooth and the chocolate and Brian Sr had to find it and clean it up. He looks so different with no teeth in the middle. He has to bite everything with the side of his mouth and kind of tear it off.

We had such a busy day that he went to bed and forgot about his tooth. About twenty minutes later he came down the steps and told us that we forgot to put his tooth in his room for the Tooth Fairy. Oooops. I felt bad. Brian asked where his tooth was. I didn't know since I had been out when it happened. I guess I figured Brian Sr. had put it in his tooth case and didn't think much of it.

But, I should have known better. Brian Sr. had it in a plastic bag and let Brian carry it around with him. What a rookie! Never put the tooth in something that can easily be lost and if you do, don't let the kid play with it. Because the kid will definitely misplace it!

Well, that is just what happened. So, here it was past bedtime and we are searching the house for a tooth in a baggie. It took about thirty minutes until we finally found it in the trash. Phew! I do know that the Tooth Fairy sees all like Santa, so if you lose the tooth that you lost or swallow it, she will still come.

The tooth was put in Brian's tooth holder and he took it upstairs and put it next to his bed. He won't put it under his pillow because it freaks him out that the Tooth Fairy gets that close to him. We are making progress though, because the first tooth he lost had to be placed in the bathroom next to his toothbrush. I guess he figured that was the next logical place for the Tooth Fairy to look. He said he was scared of her just 'poofing' into his room. I can't say that I blame him. I wouldn't sleep easy either if I thought that fairies and such could visit whenever they wanted.

Everyone, including me, kept telling him to lose his tooth by Christmas so they could sing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." I think he purposely kept the tooth in until after Christmas so that no one would sing to him!

toothless smile
what a smile!

No comments: