Saturday, December 22, 2007

Movin' On Up

Brian has been asking for bunk beds for about a year now and we kept telling him when he is older. Well, when he asked a few days ago, he was finally old enough! I was worried that he was still too young, but he climbed up with no problem at all. I don't think he will fall out - I just worry about him if he has to climb down in the middle of the night.

Luckily Sean was a little leary about being up there, so there were no fights about who would sleep on the top bunk. Not that Sean would be allowed to a four years old, but it was nice to not have to tell him once again that he was too young. Sometimes I feel bad for him - he seems to try so hard to keep up with Brian but try as he might he is always a few steps behind him.

It is pretty ironic how we start out wishing you were older and then end up wishing you were younger. I guess it is true for most things in life that the grass is always greener on the other side. Kids always have to add the extra time - they say things like five-and-a-half or almost ten. Brian will be seven in February and has already started telling people that he is seven. I cannot imagine an adult that is not yet forty telling people that they are forty before their birhday. Adults tend to round down - I am barely fifty or a little over thirty when they are thirty-two.





No comments: