Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Two Weeks Until Christmas!

I have been busy getting ready for Christmas. The shopping is pretty much finished and I have started wrapping. I still have to do some baking. The outside of the house is decorated but we are still working on the inside. We got a tree today - but that is still outside too!

I honestly don't know how the holidays go by so quickly. It seems like one big blur from Halloween to New Years. I guess it is because I am so busy. I just feel like Christmas is here again and we had Thanksgiving dinner yesterday! I guess that is what happens when you get older!

In our town, the firemen decorate the fire trucks and they drive around different part of the town on different nights! The boys heard the sirens last night and immediately ran outside! They were both old enough to remember from last year and were yelling, "Santa!" Santa was on top of the last fire truck and the firemen were handing out candy canes!

Sean opened his right away and said , "Mmmm. Cherry is my favorite." I looked at him funny and asked him for a taste. Surprisingly he handed over the candy cane. I guess seeing Santa put him in the Christmas spirit - either that or he thought Santa could still see him! But just as I suspected, it was peppermint. I wonder if their is a tasting test like a vision or hearing screening?


Brian and Sean watching Santa on the fire truck



Today Brian Sr. got a call from Sheldon Brown of the Philadelphia Eagles. He gave Sheldon golf lessons this summer and Brian didn't charge him anything. He asked for Sheldon Brown jerseys for the boys. Sheldon finally got some in and was calling Brian to meet him at a diner about twenty minutes from our house.

We were already out getting a tree, so the whole family went along. Sheldon drove up with his son in a 'maxed out' jeep! The tires were almost as big as Sean! He gave the boys high-fives, even Justin! Then he gave them both a jersey, which they put on immediately. He asked Brian and Sean if they wanted their jerseys signed and they both said, "No thanks!" What? Are the crazy? Sheldon laughed at this - I guess he doesn't get turned down for too many autographs! We only talked for a few minutes, Sheldon had to get to the bank and then back home- his wife is having baby next week!

Sheldon is such a nice guy. With his wife due soon and the holidays and football, he still found time to get jerseys to us. Brian told him that the boys were asking for them for Christmas. I find it very generous and thoughtful that he found time for us. Thanks again Sheldon!

After the boys got their jerseys we stopped at G-Boys. It is a lawn and garden center that decorates a Winter Wonderland for Christmas every year. The boys had a lot of fun looking at all the trees and lights and decorations. Justin slept through most of it. I am sure he will enjoy it more next year!

As you can see in the pictures, Sean has moved on from rain boots to snow boots. He wants to wear them every where and every day! The only places I won't let him wear them are to school and on the playground! At least his sneakers will be in good shape for Justin.

Brian and Sean sporting #24

Santa in a train

Ninja Turtle Christmas

Brian wanted to buy this! - $300, um no

No comments: