Friday, December 28, 2007

One of a Kind

Sean's favorite thing to say lately is, "Do you know what I am thinking?" The funny thing is that he doesn't wait for an answer, he tells you his answer right away. He does this if he wants to do something fun, I guess it is his try at being suspenseful. So, he will ask Brian, "Do you know what I'm thinking?" and then yell, "Play-dough!" or "TV!" or "Moon Sand!" or "Candy!"

Brian, of course, just stares at him. Stares at him with his jaw dropped open and his eyes rolling in his head. I think Brian spends a lot of time trying to figure out what in the world is going on inside that head of Sean's. Actually, I think that most people that know Sean spend some time trying to figure out what makes him tick. But not me, I have already learned that it is a complete waste of my precious time. Time that I don't have enough of without trying to get into the inner workings of Sean's mind. Because just when I think I have his thoughts deciphered, he does something else and just crushes my theory.

The mold was definitely destroyed after Sean; he is one of a kind. Not that Brian and Justin are not special too, but they are easier to figure out and act more like the average child. Sean just does and says things that are unique. He wears rain or snow boots all the time no matter the season or weather. He goes in the fridge to get a water bottle and in the process leaves Blankie in there. Then an hour later when we are tearing apart the house to find it, someone opens the fridge and finds Blankie. Sean laughs and says, "Oh Yea. He said he was hot so I left him in there." Makes perfect sense to him! Not so much sense to most other people.

He says, "What the..?" after opening each of his Christmas presents. He talks to Blankie like it is a real person. He calls Justin things like Bambooie and Juggy - and it is so cute that we catch ourselves calling the baby Juggy too! I think that at his next appointment that the doctor will ask me if Justin responds to his name. I will have to say, "Not really. But he does seem to turn his head when we say Juggy." Can you just see the look on the doctor's face now?

Sean thinks that socks can be on the 'wrong feet' like shoes. He likes to wear his clothes backwards. He doesn't seem to notice that his shoes are on the wrong feet - and doesn't care. He has gone all day with his underwear on sideways - a leg hole around his waist and the waist around one of his legs. How could this not be uncomfortable to him? He wants stitches in a different color for the next time - yellow and not blue. I guess those 30 stitches really made an impact on him! His idol is Sponge Bob. His eyes always reveal a mischievous sparkle.

On the other hand he has some qualities that I see in most kids. He wants cookies for breakfast. He argues with his brother. He spends his fair share of some days in time-out. He loves to joke and be silly. He runs for no reason. He loves to play outside. He has a contagious laugh. He throws temper tantrums and whines. He loves to play in the bath until his skin is wrinkled. He lives to laugh and love and be a kid. Sean just loves to be Sean!

Sean and Blankie

1 comment:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Sean and Samuel really would be fast friends! Samuel also love to say "Do you know what I'm thinking?" Hilarious! I love to read about Sean!