Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy Juice

Like I have said, Justin isn't really into table food yet. Part of it is him and part of it is me not wanting to give up the nursing sessions. I would probably have to cut out a feeding to make him hungry and more receptive to foods. But he is sleeping ten to eleven hours at night and going about four hours between feedings during the day with two long naps and a few shorter ones. I guess I am going by the old saying - 'if it ain't broke don't try to fix it'- or something like that.

So, he is still nursing six times a day. And he nurses so differently than Brian and Sean did. They took their time and nursed slower for longer sessions. Justin is a quick eater and gets down to business quickly and efficiently. He only spends about three or four minutes on each side - his older brothers were about ten minutes on each side. So, he eats in about half the time that they did. Maybe he knows he has older brothers and that we had stuff to get done. Or maybe his just really nosy since there is always so much going on in our house. So, thanks for picking up on that Justin!

These pictures are a discreet one of him nursing and some of how happy and dazed he looks after. We call it the happy juice face - he looks almost like he has had too much to drink! He is just so happy and content. I love that he looks to me for nourishment and comfort. I look at how much he has grown and it is amazing to know it is all from me. I am not one of those people that think that breastfeeding is the answer to it all - it is just my choice and I am so happy to be able to nurse him and to have nursed Brian and Sean. It is a lot of work and a huge commitment. But, to me well worth the sacrifice.

Justin nursing
the 'happy juice' face
dazed silly smiles
love that face

1 comment:

Rebecca & Nathaniel said...

Breastfeeding is a big commitment but I am finally starting to like it too. Weird because I thought the older she was the weirder it would become but it is actually getting better. Congrats on bf all 3!