Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Ducks

I decided to search 'watched pot never boils' today. Why - well because I nothing else to do. Nope, no bills to pay, no kids to feed, no dusting, no beds to make, no homework to check, no diapers to change, no toilets overflowing, no messes to straighten. Nothing better to do but this. And if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you! Just reduced. Priced to sell. Great view!

So, in a previous post I said a watched pot will eventually boil - if you heat it. Well, apparently if you live in a quantum world, that might or might not be true. It depends on if you will it to boil or not. Huh? If your brain needs to be totally overloaded, read this.

It reminds me a my ninth grade Chemistry teacher, Mr. Lahr. He told us that none of us were really here. What? He thought that we all existed only to ourselves. Like the world around you was made up by your brain and only your brain. Everyone else had a different life experience. So, to you, you have kids and job and a house. But none of those things exist outside your own mind. This guy was never boring to say the least. He also had some strange theory about ducks but I cannot remember it.

Great, now I will be up all night trying to remember the duck thing. Why can't I have the ability to shut my brain off? I think if I ever got a few wishes that would be number one. Who needs money and fame and power when all you really need is a good night's sleep?

This is one time when I do envy men. It doesn't happen often because I love being female and wouldn't trade it for anything. But Brian can fall asleep like a baby with no cares in the world. He can lay down and I will go to brush my teeth and he is asleep in the two minutes it takes me to brush! This just has me dumbfounded.

What day is the school trip? Does Justin need diapers? What if I cannot find the dinosaur Sean wants Santa to bring him? Maybe I should go back to school? Did Sean put on a pull-up before bed? Did I pay the water bill? I need to remember to get to the bank. Brian needs a paper towel roll for school on Wednesday. How should I dress the kids tomorrow? I forgot to call my friend Meredith back. I left laundry in the dryer. Do the boys have underwear for tomorrow? Do we have enough milk for breakfast? What are we getting my in-laws for Christmas. I need to decorate the house. We need to get a tree this weekend. I need to bake six dozen cookies for Sunday. I have to send my friend a wedding card. Does Sean have to wear green on Wednesday or Friday? I need to schedule Justin's nine month well visit. We need to rake the leaves. The baby's clothes are getting small - I need to go through his drawers. The I need to pee and the whole thing starts over again!

Why doesn't he think of theses things? How can he just shut off his mind when there is so much going on and so much to be done? I have read that you should keep a note pad by your bed to write things down and then you can be done worrying that you will forget something. But then I would have to turn on a light, find the pen that rolled under the bed and somehow keep the boys from taking my notepad to draw a top secret pirate map. I will have to think of something else...afterall I have all the time in the world at 3 AM!

No comments: