Friday, November 23, 2007

Army Guy and a Pedwecker

The boys were so excited to see the soldiers yesterday, that they wanted to play army today. They were both dressed in all gray and brown and had Power Ranger Swords for weapons. They kept diving into the house through the back door like they were taking cover. I think that they spent most of the day dressed up!

Brian found a brown camouflage GAP hat and was wearing it. Brian and Sean came over to me and Sean said, "Mom we are real army guys, look at Brian's hat!" I looked at Brian's hat and said, "Yes, I see. You do look like real army guys." Then Sean said, "See Mom, G-A-P spells army guy!" Brian took off his hat and looked at it, he said, "No, G-A-P spells GAP, Sean!" I said, Brian is right it spells GAP." Sean didn't want to hear it and over and over he said G-A-P army guy!" We both gave up.

Then later, Sean got out a book that we use to identify birds. He found a picture of an eagle and was excited because he likes the Philadelphia Eagles. The he found a picture of another bird and got excited again. He said, "Brian look! It's a pedwecker!" Brian just looked at him like he was crazy. I asked, "Sean let me see the picture." He showed it too me and I then knew what he was saying. I said, "Sean it is a woodpecker. He said, "Yeah a pedwecker." Again I gave up!

Then we watched Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving. They boys really liked it and laughed the most at Snoopy and Woodstock! Then when they were served dinner, Sean says, "Do you remember when we ate turkey?" I just looked at him. I said, "Sean we only ate about an hour ago, of course I remember." I expected some smart remark about all the things that i do forget but thankfully go no reminder of my short term memory loss. Long term memory though, not a problem - my gym locker combination from high school - 12-18-0. See I still have some brain cells left! And my regular locker I had to think about for a minute but it came to me, 36-18-5! I am on a roll, better stop while I am ahead!

No comments: