Sunday, November 4, 2007

Vintage Toys!

I find it hard to believe that the toys I once enjoyed as a kid are now considered vintage! I was browsing around e-bay the other day and stumbled upon vintage toys. I thought to myself - neat I will get to see really old toys. But apparently vintage means thirty years old! Does that mean that since I am over thirty that I am considered vintage? Do I need a t-shirt that says "People and wine - both get better with age?"

It reminded me of Brian Jr.'s sports cards. I was helping him organize them and was reading some of the stats on the back. I was shocked to realize that most of the people playing professional sports now were born in the late 1980's and soon to be 1990's! I had baseball cards and all the players were born in the 1950's and 1960's! I knew that most players are starting in their mid 20's or before, I guess I just never realized that mean 1985 for a birth year. It was the first time I felt old - but only for a second!

My Mom did keep some of our old toys - she has a few Little People things, a Sesame Street Play House, my Strawberry Shortcake Dolls, my brother's Matchbox cars and lots of wooden puzzles and books. Maybe she should have kept more and then I could be selling them on ebay!

Here are some toys I found - I had most of them or at least remember them! Toys sure have come a long way! The funny thing is that when these toys were popular there were only a few things to choose from. The whole toy section was an isle or two - now in most stores it is four or five overflowing isles! I don't even think my kids know what a record player is!

Fisher Price Record Player -
I loved this!
Tupperware sorting ball-
every one had this!
Fisher Price Cash Register-
they are actually re-making this one
Fisher Price Baby Toy-
this looked so familiar to me
Fisher Price Movie Projector-
this was a good one too
Fisher Price Happy Apple-
I remember the chime sound this made
Fisher Price Desk-
I played school with this!
Tupperware Zoo Its-
I made some crazy combinations
Fisher Price Animals-
how life-like!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What memories! I love the pics of all the "old" toys. I remember playing with almost all of them.

I found your blog through Adam & Andrews. Have a great day!