Thursday, November 8, 2007

Camping Out

Brian Sr. let the boys sleep down in the living room in their sleeping bags tonight. I am not sure if it is really camping if there is no tent and you are inside, but hey the boys were super excited. And can you believe they didn't understand why I didn't want to sleep on the floor in the living room! Their Dad was a good sport and he slept with them - but on the couch. Justin and I retired to our beds!

It was almost 9:00 pm and Sean was so tired! He kept asking his Dad to turn off the TV and the lights - but Brian Jr. wanted to watch TV for a few minutes. Well, Sean likes his sleep so he improvised and put Blankie over his face. Before I went to sleep, I did move it off his face! I hope they sleep in tomorrow and don't decide to wake up at 6 am!

Sean, and Brian for the most part, have always loved their sleep. A few times, Sean has said he was ready for bed and walked up the steps to bed. Neither of them has ever given us any trouble about going to bed - except for a few "I need a drink of water" requests. But that is probably only a few times each in their whole lives. Both were sleeping through the night by about 7-8 weeks old and since then, have only been up a couple of times - and each of those times they were sick! Justin seems to be following in their footsteps - he is a great sleeper too.

I think part of it is that they are just naturally good sleepers and they need a lot of sleep because they are so active. I have heard that some kids just don't need as much sleep. And the other part is that I am, and always was, from day one strict about bed time and nap time. I accepted no excuses and often they did have to "cry it out" a few times. But that was not for long and the problem resolved itself after a day or two!

I know there are some moms and dads that will be reading this that will want to scream. I have heard all kinds of horror stories about kids not sleeping or being in parents' beds all night or even parents in the kids' beds all night! So thank you Brian, Sean, and Justin for letting your Mom and Dad sleep. It is very much appreciated!

Sean finding some sleep

Brian and Sean camping out!

No comments: