Thursday, November 15, 2007

Chocolate Fun

With Sean now allowed to eat eggs - we can make him real cupcakes! Not those lactose free, wheat free, peanut free, egg free, might as well be cardboard ones. Well, they were moist, so maybe cardboard left out in the rain! Sean liked them because he didn't know any better. Poor kid probably didn't understand all the hype about cupcakes!

After he had a taste of the good stuff, he will never go back! I am hoping he will soon outgrow his dairy allergy. Sean has never had milk or ice cream or milk chocolate, can you imagine? There are a lot of great substitutes out there - soy cheese and yogurt and milk. But they just aren't the same! Luckily there are a lot of great products out there for kids with food allergies. I bet when I was little there was no such thing as soy cheese!

Sean had so much fun helping me make the cupcakes. He liked using the mixer and thankfully all the cake batter stayed in the bowl. Believe me, I had visions of him quickly lifting the mixer and spraying chocolate all over my kitchen. I really did think it might happen, because in my mind I was trying to remember where the camera was, just in case!
cheesy chocolate smile!

armed and dangerous with chocolate beaters!

No comments: