Tuesday, November 27, 2007

UD Polar Bear

Brian's school is decorating the school in a winter theme this year. Each student brought hom something to color or cut out or make. Brian brought home a polar bear on white paper and the directions said to color it and cut it out and then return it to school. He looked at the paper and then looked at me and said, "Mom polar bears are white, and this one is already white." I said, "I know - use some imagination and color it however you want." He smiled and looked at his box of crayons to choose a color. I went to the kitchen to see about dinner.

When I returned, the polar bear was now dyed blue and yellow like the University of Delaware. It had a UD tattoo on it's rear end! I told Brian what a great job he did. Then Brian Sr. came over to take a look. He loved it and told Brian that it was missing a football. Brian thought that this was a great idea and added a football! I thought it was really creative of him!

Move over YouDee Blue Hen!


No comments: